In Ohio counselors and social workers are mandated to report suspected child abuse and neglect. This training will cover issues for mandatory reporters who are also mental health providers including possible indicators of child abuse and neglect; the reporting process; and possible outcomes. We will also explore challenges in reporting including the impact on therapeutic relationships. The coursework for this workshop is entirely online and self-directed.
Objectives of the course:
- Describe the categories of child abuse under Ohio law
- Explain criteria of mandated reporters in accordance with Ohio law
- Recognize possible indicators of child abuse and neglect
- Evaluate situations to determine whether there is reasonable cause to report suspected child abuse or neglect
- Describe the reporting process and possible outcomes
- Exploration of clinical issues related to mandated reporting